Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dog Jogs and Hot Stones.

Yesterday was quite an eventful day. Earlier this week I had taken one of my prospects (I work in sales) to lunch and learned that she loves dogs more than I do. She was participating in a "dog jog" at Piedmont Park Saturday morning and I tossed the idea of doing it around. I told my boyfriend and he thought it would be a great idea. I too thought it would be good to give our little monster some much needed exercise and it would be good for me to start working my miles back up after my half marathon ... but since it was for the dogs ... pace and speed didn't matter -- just having fun did. Needless to say my dog was a "monster" - he was barking at every dog that passed him . he hopped on a few innocent runners who were running the around the park . he wanted to play in the lake . he played with the beds for sale by the start . and there is so much more he did. I told my boyfriend and he just laughed saying he knew it would happen. Needless to say.... I think Mulligan the monster needs more training.

I followed the dog jog with a much needed trip to the spa. I opted for the hot stone because it said it was good for the muscles. I don't know about that. I think I hurt more today than I did walking into the spa. My right legs hurts my back feels all sorts of tight and I wasn't too impressed by the "hot stone massage" -- I think I will stick with the normal massages I normally get. But that raises a question. I know you're not supposed to have a good rubdown until 24-48 hours after your race ... but what kind of massage is best. I heard deep tissue is a no-no but what do you opt for?

I hope to have all my kinks worked out soon. I am running a 5k on Saturday and I am pretty excited for it. I wish I had a Halloween costume to wear while running, but oh well. Work is beginning to wear on me so I am thinking about taking my "lunch break" from 3pm-4pm and hitting the pavement for a much needed run. Something about the hour to myself and running is a total de-stresser for me and I think it is much needed to keep me sane. Also, with the days getting shorter it will be a way to get a run in everyday!

I am tossing around the idea of the Disney marathon again in January, but now I really need to make a decision and see if I can commit to the training.

1 comment:

  1. of course you can commit to the training.....you know what they say...just do it!!! you know you've got the bug.

    ReplyDelete