Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Disney Here I Come.

Okay. Call me crazy, but I am running the Disney marathon in just 10 weeks. No, I am not in the shape I need to be but I just knocked out a half marathon 2 weeks ago so how bad off can I be?! My parents are coming with me as my cheering squad ... camera in all ... so I am excited. I am sure I mentioned this before, but the one thing I would have changed about Nike was having a support group and family around and for my first full marathon I will have my family! Wahoo!

Training starts now. Well, not now but today. This time around I am going to incorporate cross training more than I did for the half, but I am going to focus more on the miles than anything. And most importantly... I am actually going to train!

I have been looking for a more up to date elevation map (the only one I can find is from '06) but the course looks fairly flat ... which is a good thing! :o) That will work to my advantage. I am super excited about running with Mickey and Minnie and running through the castle!

course info: Run through all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks starting at Epcot®, continuing on to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Disney's Hollywood Studios™, and then back to Epcot® for an exhilarating finish. This will be the only race on Sunday, allowing you to enjoy the 26.2-mile spotlight. (per the registration page)

I honestly think I may have lost my mind but... “If you can dream it, you can do it” -Walt Disney

3 comments:

  1. Just remember, when you stand at that starting line, you will NOT be the same athlete you were six months ago (or today for that matter). You will have done the work and earned the right to be there.

    I hope your family can watch you cross the finish line. It’s a race, but it’s also a right of passage few ever consider and even less attempt to prepare for.

    Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an endeavor to take on! I keep telling myself that I would never run a marathon because I don't want to put in the 20 mile runs you're supposed to do. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to read about someone else going for it in Disney World. We will also be there, our first marathon. Good luck with your training, and keep up the miles. I will be following along.-Adam

    ReplyDelete