Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hello San Fran! You Will Kill Me!

Hello world! I thought it would be a great idea to share with the general public the crazy race I have chosen to take on. A buddy of mine posted the "elevation map" of the Nike Woman's Marathon ... granted I am only doing the 1st 13.1 miles of the 26 but check out that hill around the 6 mile mark. They want me to climb up that? I knew San Fran was hilly, but holy moly this is hilly! Granted, Atlanta is a hilly area I do not think I have hill trained enough for this. I am going to really have to incorporate some BIG hills into the last 3 weeks training.

I really had not real reason to "blog" or post. I just wanted to share this out of control crazy map of the streets and elevation. I am in for a total work out and I have a feeling the flight back from San Fran to Atlanta will be an uncomfortable one. On a positive note the 1st half of my half marathon does not appear to be too challenging but the last half of it is going to be a whooping.


Also... if you're interested and want to help. I am at 89% till reaching my fundraising goal. Please please please consider donating to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - I personally think it would be so awesome to have a part in helping find a cure for these awful cancers. Team in Training actually funded the research for the oral chemo pill my friend is currently taking; I think it would be pretty cool to find an even better therapy for her! You can donate here: http://pages.teamintraining.org/ga/nikesf09/bvines

On another total side note, my September mileage went down (not a good thing) but I got faster (which is a good thing). I took off 2 races of my race history tab thing on the right. I took off the Brookhaven Bolt 5k and the Just People 5k. I do not know my exact times on those races and I want to be exact. Mainly to track my improvement/personal best/rough races ...

1 comment:

  1. Get in some hill training! My neighborhood is VERY hilly. So I'm in "hill shape." But when I did my half marathon yesterday, it was VERY easy to see who wasn't. I was flying past people on the uphills. There were a LOT of people struggling. If you don't train for hills, they can crush you and totally zap your energy. Now is the time to train for them. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete