Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I have nothing to say.

I really do not have much to say. Lately I have been a woman of few words which is odd because I someone who can talk to a brick wall and be totally satisfied. But since downgrading [if you will...] to the half marathon over the full I have felt a sudden sigh of relief and my training is one of the many stresses on my plate. I still try my best to get some running in every day {8 miles so far this week... not where I want to be but I will take it} ...I just found out Crunch fitness is going under so my great plan of cross training with spin classes and swimming has been 86'ed and I am rather bummed. I actually purchased a bathing suit and goggles to swim and won't be able to use them. Sucks.

But. I have signed up for two 10K's to assist in my training. The first of which is Labor Day the US 10K Classic on Cobb Parkway. From what I have heard it is a kick butt, killer 10K that is quite a challenge. Cobb Parkway is on hilly road and evidently the race is a straight line and you just watch the rolling hills in front of you and think 'oh God'. My coworker Julie and I are tossing around the idea of doing the Kaiser 5K through Downtown Atlanta.... but we have no definite plans just yet. We need to nail that down...make a decision, yes or no. Then at the end of September I am running in the Buckhead Sizzler which basically starts at my front door (how convenient right?) and ends at a MARTA stop right by my office. Both races I think will be awesome for my training ... I don't know why I think it will be awesome, but I guess that's a good mentality right?

The other major thing on my mind lately is once again Disney. To do it or to not do it. I really want to complete a marathon [it is on my bucket list now] but the cost behind it is going to be so super pricey. It makes me want to say Hey Disney... Don't you know we're in the middle of a flippin recession?! If I am going to do it I need to make a decision on the fly before it fills up and so I can get some good lodging.

In regards to training [I guess I will touch on that] ... I seem to be floating around a 12 or so minute mile. I wish I could move faster, but oh well... as long as I do not die I am okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment