Friday, August 28, 2009

Doh.

I have not run since Monday. Monday folks. Monday. I blame it on sheer lazy legs. Not even my body saying rest up... just my lazy legs not wanting to do anything. But. I check my mail today and low and behold my number for my 1st ever 10k is chilling in a big white envelope. My mind starts racing and thinking 10k... 9 days away... 10k. oi. so I decided to run this evening. I wanted to do a little low key little "fun on the treadmill" if you will. (I call it "fun on the treadmill" because Fitness this month has a 30 minute 'blaster' workout that I was dying to try... when I do try it, I will report on it and outline it *stay posted*) ...don't get too amped people... leave it to my boyfriend to burst the "I actually want to run bubble". Washington Redskins on TV in Atlanta = me having to watch Disney channel's Wizards of Waverly Place and watching the dog. However, I did take Mulligan outside and we did some speedwork. By speedwork I mean him and I running the road infront of my apartment complex and by running I mean sprinting and I was sprinting because of the 70+ pound rotty/pitbull mix dragging me down Miller Dr.

This all kind of goes back to me saying I really wish I had his support 110%.

Total bummer because trust me I have not found the "love of running" just yet and if I want to lace up my shoes and run it's a pretty big deal. Oh well... I guess I am saving up the energy to go run around Stone Mountain tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, a 10k just 9 days away! Just work on getting some mileage in. A 10k can be pretty rough because everybody's running out fast, but then you realize it's 6.2 miles! It's hard to maintain a fast pace that long. As long as you get some longer runs in, you will be fine. Focus on keeping a pace that's comfortable and don't worry about speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Wow. I'm struggling just to get ready for a 5k, I feel like I'm never going to get there. I know I will, but at the moment it just doesn't feel like it. Life keeps getting in the way... hmm, good title for my next blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete