Sunday, August 9, 2009

6 hour limit.

So. I just learned that you have to complete Nike in 6 hours or less. One would think that this would/could be an easy feat ... after all most people I know get it done in 4 hours or so ... but I am not so sure. Especially with my current run paces. Granted most of my miles have been in the mid to high 12 minutes. I figure, I have to stay in the 12 minute(ish) **mainly most miles being below 13 minutes** and I am golden. But I know the more you run, the slower you start to move... so I need to start focusing on maintaining a pace.

Lets hope with all the stuff I am taking on it [swimming.spin class.treadmill run class.running basically all day, with 1 rest day] helps out and helps out a lot. Hey experienced Runners: any suggestions on how to accomplish this are welcomed.

I have two 10K's before race day. 1 more 5K. I am thinking about doing a half marathon a few weeks before my marathon. If I stumble across anymore races you better believe I will be signing up [after all it will help... I guess]

Learning this has kicked me into drive, lordy lordy I have to finish this on my two feet. I don't want to be swept up in that van that takes us to the finish line.

1 comment:

  1. I've only been running for a couple years so I'm still learning and any suggestion I make should be discounted!

    With the disclaimer out of the way, may I suggest that whenever there's a choice between cross training and running that you choose running. You need to log miles in order to achieve your marathon goal in 68 days. I don't think at Mile 20 your going to be wishing you had swum an extra lap or spent an extra hour spinning. However, you may wish you had run run more miles during training.

    (I speak from experience.)

    ReplyDelete