Friday, June 19, 2009

Run Barbie Run!

Mood: Drained
Running song of the day: "Fire Burning" ~Sean Kingston

Welcome to the world of Barbie and her wonderful tales of running... and walking. I got this idea from this girl Tammy I am following on Twitter to really track my running and training for San Fran. All in all as most people know it is going really well. I recently decided to push the envelope and do the full marathon rather than the half. 26.2 miles of fun hills, but I heard the course is BEAUTIFUL.

It has been an off week for running for me. I have done about 10 miles total this week (according to my dailymile.com account) and I should be at 16 miles this week. Tomorrow is our GTS (Group Training Session) long run... which is 4 miles... so I have an extra 2 to make up somewhere. I am playing a new game with myself and I have decided right now to run 1 hour per day (with walk breaks of course) and see how far I can go. And everyday I hope to go farther and farther.

Surprisingly, I really am enjoying getting back into shape and running. If you have not done so already, please think about donating to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Of course, I am running mainly in honor of Beka... but this is so much larger than just her. You can go here to make your contribution to the society...
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ga/nikesf09/bvines

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! It really helps me stay committed to my running goal. I strongly suggest you take a look at some of the running blogs I follow, especially runnerdude. I have found an incredible community of amazingly supportive runners through dailymile and on here. I don't know how I lived without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, kudos to you on taking on the full marathon. I'm going to stick with half marathons for now - we will see how my first one goes in September.

    ReplyDelete