Saturday, June 20, 2009

Long Run Day. Did Not Happen.

Mood: off.
Running song of the day: "Bang Bang" ~K'naan (ft. Adam Levine)


This morning was my weekly group training session with my Team In Training team and my body would not get out of bed. Talk about frusterating. But maybe that was a blessing. I do not know. I tried to run the scheduled 4 miles on my own this afternoon, but I just barely got over 1 mile. I felt horrible.pukey.weak.disoriented.light headed. -- I could keep going, but I will sum it up with awful. I do not know if I am not hydrated enough or if it was just one of those days. My breathing was wack today as well... which of course did not help the mission of getting to the goal. I am going to try again tomorrow and make it my long run day.

I am also debating on taking these fitness dance classes at a place here in Atlanta called Dance 101. There are 2 classes I am specifically looking at. They're geared at boosting your endurance and stamina (since I took a whole year off from hitting the gym and pavement, I need to do a lot to get in super shape). I need to get some mixture in my workout that way I do not burn out. The problem is... they're so dang expensive. I also REALLY need to start going to the Tuesday night Team in Traing track sessions every other Tuesday night. Evidently, those sessions focus 100% on pace and form... while getting in the required miles for the day. The dang humidity is so awful though.

I am $30.33 away from reaching my goal of $3900 to go to The Leukemia & Lymphoma society. Exciting news. So Close. So Close!

No comments:

Post a Comment