Monday, April 20, 2015

Gratitude || Week 4 || Family

…yup, I am running a week behind I am aware… therefore, you’re in for 2 gratitude posts this week.

family

Family. Yup. I have one. Yup. I am grateful for them. Every single member of my family. And I don’t think family is limited to those people who you are connected to by birth or marriage. I have a work family too.

My family is made up of Kyle, McKenna, Kennesaw, and Mulligan. 3 humans, 2 furbabies and it is a circus. They all keep me on my toes and keep me laughing and make me not take life too serious. 

then I have my mom and dad who are not too far away and it is great having them close by.  Not only does my daughter get to grow up knowing her grandparents and spending lots of time with them – it is nice to be able to have a life when having a baby since I know we can often count on them to watch the little monster.  and I know I was a total pain in their butt growing up, but I have to believe their hard rules and early curfews must have semi shaped me into who I am today.

I have an older brother who also lives in Atlanta and I don’t see him as often as I should, but he is the kind of guy who would drop everything for you if he could and help you out. And I have only had to call in a few favors over the years, but it is nice to know that there is someone who will come turn off your crock pot because you’re 100% convinced it will burn your house down while you’re at work and not think you’re totally crazy.

and then there is my aunt who has kept us stocked on the cutest baby clothes around, but more importantly she has allowed us to not have to think about keeping our kid clothed when there are so many other things to think about.  and just in general, she has the largest heart around and I can only hope to love my family as much as she loves all of us.

then there is my work family. my office mom { karen } and my work wife { afton } and my buddy { Lydia } … who keep me sane and are there for me to vent to and the ones who challenge my thoughts and give me advice all the time and who are honest with me and laugh with me.

Quite honestly, there are times { a lot of times } that I tend to take people for granted. I just assume they will always be around and I will always have people in my corner, but that isn’t how life really works. But… these are some people that I am thankful for and am glad to have in my corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment