Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Long Weekend Success

Even when I am not working I LOVE a good long weekend.  and it could not have come soon enough.  After I bragged about figuring my child out and being in a routine, she decided to revolt so Wednesday – Friday were not fun. They were stressful, long, exhausting days. I may have cried a time to two, drank some wine out of the bottle as she screamed, and I counted down the days till I go back to work, if that gives you any insight on how rough those days were. So, I was more than ready to have an extra pair of hands to help out with Kenna again.  Lawd, just having a partner helps. I don’t know how all those single moms do it.

This was a VERY different Labor Day for us.  Normally we would have been at the Braves Game, I would have ran a 10k, and we would have been at the Georgia Dome cheering on the tide.  Now, we had the most suburban family holiday weekend.  We bought a new TV for our family room downstairs {We first bought a 65” TV and quickly, without even taking it out of the box realized it was just too big and returned it to the store for a 50”} & moved the old TV up to Kyle’s man cave. We bought new furniture for the family room to move the old stuff to the man cave & another room in our house.  We got new phones. I bought a rug for the decorating project I am about to start in our random sitting room.  We stimulated the economy one credit card swipe at a time & I cannot wait to show the world our newly decorated random sitting room.

We of course watched as much of the pathetic football game as possible, but having a newborn makes it a bit challenging.  But, I do know that it was not a pretty game played by Alabama.  What was supposed to be a cake game turned into a game that we could have lost. Let’s just say – if Alabama continues to play that way, having a distracting newborn won’t actually matter.  {We did buy her game day outfit this weekend though}

My only regret from the weekend: not  taking advantage of having Kyle around to catch up on my sleep.  It is Tuesday and I am exhausted and napping when the baby naps is just really not an option since that is when I have to wash bottles.  But, it is a 4 day work week and it is a little hectic so the weekend will be here before we know it! Hallelujah.

I hope everyone had a safe and fun long, Labor Day weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. I actually laughed out loud at, "We stimulated the economy one credit card swipe at a time. " That's quality wording right there! And hey, it's the American way, haha!
    Yes, Bama kind of had me scared during that game. I REALLY hope we get the "kinks" worked out, and fast! Sounds like y'all got a lot accomplished this weekend! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete