Monday, September 15, 2014

2 months & Still BIG!

This is a little late, simply because McKenna turned 2 months old on Saturday (WHAT?!) and she did not have her 2 week appointment until today. But the past 2 months has just flown by – I really cannot believe that my “little” baby is already 2 months old and we have her daycare orientation next week, and I am getting ready to head back to work in a few short weeks.

Over the last month we have loved watching her smile more and more everyday at things like us, her birdies, lights, and the curtains in our bedroom.  Often times asking her to stop smiling  & chow down.  It has been adorable to watch her try and find her hands and try to put her hands in her mouth.  Often times getting her mouth and eyes confused.  We love asking her about her “popsicle” when she clenches her fists and brings them to her mouth. She is so cute when she rubs her eyes and ears.  Well… if we are being honest, she is cute in general.

We always smile when she is gulping her chow and it goes down the wrong hole and she starts coughing and then Mulligan comes running to check on her and then he stands guard of her.  Mulligan is for sure going to protect her as she gets older.

Kyle loves his nighttime routine with her – bath time, chow time, and story time. Then he used to rock her to sleep at night, but now she falls asleep on her own. As jealous as I am of his nighttime routine with her, I adore their special time together and hate to break it up when I go back to work, but momma needs time with her too once I am working again. I am loving how most nights she is sleeping from bedtime (9:00 ish to 5 or 6 AM).

The doctor was impressed with her eye contact, smiling, and all her baby babble and sounds she makes.  She got a good report card from the doctor. And she got her shots. I think I cried more than she did. And now she is literally passed out {a side effect of the shots}. I know I have already said it, but I CANNOT believe I have a 2 month old. Where is the time going?!

2months

Current Stats:
Weight – 15 pounds, 1 ounce
Length -  25.5 inches
Percentile – Greater Than The 97th Percentile
Wearing 6 months clothes.

Her Favorite Things: Stroller Rides, The curtains in our room, her birdies, her swing, and running errands with her mom.

Her next checkup is 4 months, I seriously wonder how big she will be then and what sort of milestones she will hit!! This little bird of mine makes me love her more and more everyday. 

3 comments:

  1. So precious & sweet! Makes me miss those sweet moments with my baby girl, (who's now 15.) I remember my little sweetie getting those shots too. Broke my heart & always made me so mad how "matter of fact" the nurses handle it.
    Can't believe she is falling asleep on her own without rocking! That's a big step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, they grow SO fast!! by the time you know it, she'll be crawling, then running, then turning 5. these years are precious :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love seeing all her pics on instagram- she really is so cute. And, it seems as though you will have one tall girl on your hands when she gets older!

    ReplyDelete