Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Little Update.

I am currently sitting on the floor – watching my 6 week old – play with her “birdies” (that is what we call her Fisher Price Gym Mat that has a mobile of birdies).  And, I bolded 6 week old  because lets talk about that: how is she already 6 weeks old?! I feel like time is flying and she is growing up insanely fast.  I have 5 more weeks of maternity leave and I just know that time is going to fly right by so I am trying to soak up every moment with this little one. 

and let me tell you – it is getting A LOT better.  We have finally figured out her “schedule” so now we can anticipate her crazy lady meltdowns and we are getting her to sleep much easier.  I also feel like the book “Happiest Baby on the Block” has helped me calm her meltdowns WAY faster.  Who would have thought a little jiggling, swaying side to side, and shhhhhh’ing would work wonders and save my sanity.  And Kyle says the same thing about rocking and a little bit of pacifier action. I don’t want to jinx anything but I think we are finally getting into a grove. Hallelujah. And as much as we love having visitors, the Shanahan Inn is officially closed until October.  There is no room in the inn. And my C-Section infection is SO much better so the stress of not getting back to work in the 12 week time limit is officially gone.

This is the most unflattering picture of me.  Ignore my 4589 chins, but McKenna is such a smiling happy baby!! McKenna issmiles starting to smile more and more everyday and it just melts our heart.  She wakes up in the morning smiling and she smiles when you play peek-a-boo with her onesie when changing her diaper. She smiles on her stroller walks and at the different lights in the house. And of course – she smiles at her birdies because she loves her birdies.  It is just so cute what a happy baby she is.  I cannot wait till she starts giggling and yammering about who knows what.  the developments she makes each week just continue to amaze me and Kyle and I are always excited for her next “milestone”.  …but who knows what is next for her.  We sure don’t know. I don’t want to talk too much about her because then what will I get to blab about in her 2 month update?! Which will be here before you know it!  And I do have some cute things to share about our puppies and her!  *TEASER*

Since I am getting my sanity and life back {when McKenna is not napping on me – which she loves to do} – each week I am setting 3 goals for myself. And these are this weeks goals:

1. Read 100 pages of my book {which basically means: finish it.}
2. Start our Christmas Shopping
3. Get a pedicure

I cannot believe that this is Labor Day weekend.  And it feels weird that Alabama is coming to Atlanta for a football game and I have no plans to see anyone I know coming to town and that we are not going to the game. And that I am not participating in the annual 10k that I do each year {in shape or not}.  We are being so “suburban” and are going furniture shopping and TV shopping to upgrade our living room and outfit Kyle’s man cave with our old furniture.  I know. So exciting. but we are  excited to get 2 more rooms in our house filled with furniture and I am excited to start decorating another room in our house!

But! I gotta run.  Kenna is getting fussy because it is almost time for her 1:00 nap!  But we are alive and surviving and so blessed to have such a good and amazing little baby. We fall in love with her more and more every.single.day.

 

2 comments:

  1. First off, McKenna is precious!
    Second, Christmas shopping?! Girl, you are on top of things!
    Third, happy furniture shopping. (I think we may be doing the same thing this weekend.)
    And finally, ROLL TIDE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable - and yes, I always start Christmas shopping early. Love that adorable pic of you two!

    ReplyDelete