Friday, August 1, 2014

Meet McKenna Marie

now. this is a long overdue post. but, I have some time as “little” McKenna snoozes to bust out a quick post.

After 41 weeks and 1 day (aka, 8 days late) McKenna Marie Shanahan was born!  …I will spare you the gory details, but lets just say there was nothing “natural” about her birth. We checked into the hospital (after a mini mental breakdown on my part) at 7:00 PM Friday night – I took some pill that night & then again late at night/early morning.  Then the Pitocin started at 6:00 AM.  Then there was some balloon catheter thing (aka a legit torture device).  My water had to be broken. And it all ended in 2.5 - 3 hours of pushing (I say 2.5 – 3 hours because Kyle and I do not see eye to eye on how long I pushed for) with a C-Section.  And, I am not good at math, but I know the whole thing took hours – started Saturday morning at 6:00 AM – C-Section was scheduled for 1:20 on Sunday morning. It was long, but there was an epidural involved so I wasn’t in a world of pain all that time.

But.  All that matters is that McKenna is here – she is healthy and happy and such a good little baby.  I won’t go into those details either because I always seem to jinx myself when I brag about what a good baby she is.  So just believe me.  She is good. And she is beautiful – granted, I have a biased opinion – and everyone says that she resembles Kyle. I would love to compare baby pictures side by side.  Her and me.  Her and Kyle.  but, she is precious and a total gift and we are so very in love with her.

mckenna

Birthday: July 13, 2014
Weight: 9 pounds, 15 ounces
Length: 22 inches

We are so happy she is here! And we really appreciated the help from my mom and dad over the first few weeks – it was a HUGE help – and I have managed on my own now for 2 days (kinda) and I think we may just make it.  And today marks 3 weeks of maternity leave down – 8 weeks to go.
 

2 comments:

  1. So happy for y'all. And she is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious face! So happy for you, and glad y'all are do well!

    ReplyDelete