Sunday, March 16, 2014

Successful Baby Weekend!

we had hands down the most successful baby shopping weekend.  kyle and I are all about a good deal and let me tell you… …we scored some amazing deals this weekend!

FIRST: The nursery.  I had been eyeing a  crib/nursery set at Koo Koo Bear Kids for MONTHS.  But I knew that I could never get Kyle J to spend over $1600 on furniture for McKenna’s room – even if the bed went from a crib to a toddler bed to a day bed and then to a full bed… meaning, homegirl would never need another bed in her life.   We would just need to buy mattresses.  WELL.  That bedroom set went on sale for 50% off this weekend.  And we could not snatch that deal fast enough.  We probably spent $1000 total {if that} after tax and delivery charges.  And with that deal it was all cheaper than the furniture we picked out at Babies ‘R Us that I didn’t love as much as this set.  isn’t it a beauty?! =D  ….And now I have to wait for it to come in and then schedule the delivery and when I say I will take off work to meet the delivery men if/when needed, that is not a lie!

babyroom collage

THEN: Babies ‘R Us had some of their mattresses on sale 50% off as well.  I did not know this sale was online only and we trekked to our local Babies ‘R Us to buy the mattress.  Well, big shock at the register – no sale – and we made a comment that it was supposed to be 50% off … I pulled the mattress up on my phone showing the sale price and the manager price matched!  SO….. we got the mattress 50% off as well. 

Pretty much the whole nursery has been purchased for 50% off.  And in the world of babies… that is pretty much amazing.  And the fact that we legit got a top of the line, high quality, super safe crib for such a good deal not only amazed us, but the manager at Koo Koo Bear kept mentioning what an insane deal it was.  We are pretty pumped.

AND THEN: since it has been rainy rainy rainy my sweet husband is painting the rest  of the nursery.  Well, everything but the stripe to go above the crib where we are going to have McKenna’s name above the crib.  ….And I am not 100% sure that we will do that stripe, even though we did go buy more pink paint this weekend for the stripe.  That will TBD and Kyle may just get annoyed with me, but oh well! =D

NEXT: we had a free $20.00 gift card from Target from opening a registry that was expiring, so I went to Target and bought our diaper trash can thing that masks the gross smell for a staggering $6 and some change. 

AND FINALLY: then I just bought the rest of our baby sheets off of Land of Nod and the changing pad cover since it was on sale and well, we will need it.

The only things left to buy for the nursery at this point include the glider off our Babies ‘R Us Registry that we really love and want.  Then some white wall shelves for small wall next to the window.  And this amazing mirror from Pottery Barn {which I have some money left on a birthday gift card} for over the dresser. A curtain rod {which will practically be free, if not free due to bed bath and beyond coupons + a gift card we got for Christmas} and the curtains {which we already know we cannot purchase as they are spoken for!} And then other décor, but not too much décor.  I feel like we are becoming so accomplished.

Then I also signed us up for our all day birthing class + another class to learn all the baby essentials {bathing, holding, soothing, diaper changing} + our 2 hospital tours.  We decided to tour the Northside we plan on delivering at and the Northside close to my office because you never know where I will be when McKenna decides to make her debut!

it really was a successful weekend of all things baby preparation!! And I feel so very accomplished and believe that my May 31 deadline of nursery completion will be met!  …Which is good since our weekends in May are basically full with the exception of 1.


 
 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are closing in on everything you need! Love that crib!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! you are on top of it!! (but not surprised based on your planner and christmas planning). :):) looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your deal hunting! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete