Friday, March 7, 2014

Five Things Friday

 

VICTORY: I SURVIVED THE WEEK, well week #1. 
EXPLANATION OF CRYPTIC VICTORY:
I am back to doing the crazy 2 hour in 1 direction commute and occasional 3 hour commute home indefinitely.  If you know anything about Atlanta, GA – think commuting from Alpharetta GA to South of the airport. Yup. Ugh. 40 miles in 1 direction. Double Ugh.

Wahoo for a big project assigned by our CEO that is actually a really big deal. But big frowny face for not being able to see the gym with the exception of weekends until this project is over and sitting in an insane amount of traffic each day.  Must. Not. Gain. Too. Much. Pregnancy. Weight. Le Sigh.

Anyway. Moving On.  5 things…

(1) Our little puppy daughter has a new trick that she is SO proud of.  She has taught herself how to break free of her crate.  And she can even break free of a crate with a carbineer on it to keep it extra super locked! Luckily, we don’t think she is doing it until she hears Kyle coming home, but I can’t help but picture her lounging on the bed, taunting Mulligan.  Needless to say – home girl is getting locked into her crate and we have added a carabineer to the mix.  No more jail breaks for her!!

(2) Kyle started painting the nursery this past weekend.  We have 1 pink wall and 3 gray walls to go.  I now want to go on Land of Nod and buy the curtains so we can hang those, but I am trying hard to resist. … and all the bedding {sheets, changing pad cover, crib skirt} is on sale until March 17th and I am having to have major self control to not just buy a lot of that right now. … and  for the love, don’t get me started and my need to buy a crib and just get the room DONE even though we have like 3 months till my “nursery must be done” deadline.  Kyle is having a hard time visualizing the nursery and thinks it will be too much gray – but he just needs to trust me and my plan.  It is going to look good. Promise you kid!  {McKenna is currently 22 weeks}

(3) On the topic of Kyle!  He turned 29 this week. I ended up getting him 2 books he has been on the hunt for + a baby bib that says “my dad is cooler than yours”.  It may be a boy bib, but that is ok. We went for a simple birthday dinner of BBQ and it was just a low key weekend.  Kyle did get a birthday card from my Granddad who recently passed away and even though I knew a card was coming it still was an emotional experience for me since my Aunt left a note in the card that my Granddad had picked the card himself. I think it also just touched Kyle. Well the fact that K has just been embraced by my family on his birthday means a lot to him.

(4)  We have this big open wall upstairs that is part of our landing.  Kyle and I plan on making that the “family picture” wall to hang pictures of us and McKenna as she grows and then a 2nd addition, if that day ever happens or comes and part of me wants to schedule a photo session of Kyle and me and the dogs before the baby comes.  Not those awkward maternity photos, but the only pictures we really have our our engagements and wedding pictures. and we have nothing formal of Mulls and Kens and lets be honest, they won’t be around forever and we have an unhealthy obsession with those two rascals.  But I just think it would be nice to document them on our wall.  So, if anyone knows of any ATL photographers doing mini-sessions this spring – send me their info please and then pray that my dogs are not maniacs!!

(5)  Random Rant and unsolicited career advice from a recruiter.  LinkedIn is not a social media platform for fun, it is professional. meaning, get a professional picture is important. Your selfie in your car (with a visible seat belt) making a duck face is not appropriate.  Neither is a sultry photo or one that has your sunglasses on you head.  Yes. Believe it or not, recruiters are googling you.  Your resume.  Proofread it.  Seen this week: “knowledge of multistate HR Laws – Georgia, New Jersey, and Houston”.  Breaking news: Houston is now a state.  The have left Texas and made themselves a state.   In a job market that is still tough, take the time to make the 1st impression a good one!

….well. I hope you all have a very good weekend. We have A LOT going on so I am not looking forward to the lack of rest and relaxation.  But…. such is life.  Happy Friday Ya’ll!

No comments:

Post a Comment