Friday, March 14, 2014

Five things Friday–Picture Style!

 I survived another week of the long drive to our client 80 miles round trip away.  Needless to say, my monthly gas bill will hate me at the end of all this and I learned that my pregnant self cannot sit through 2 hours of traffic so I have a Burger King on my way home that I borrow to use the bathroom {TMI, I know} … but we are making good progress and adding value and that is what we are supposed to be doing.

So, I decided to shake things up a bit with my Five Things Friday tradition that I am on.  I feel like this really is the easiest way for me to keep everyone in the loop about what is going on in our world.  And everyone loves pictures – visually appealing and all!

{one}

houseThe house that I grew up in and the only house I remember went on the market this week. There are so many good times and memories in that house and even though I knew this day was coming eventually, it is still bitter sweet.  Just that neighborhood in general is full of summertime memories. Even when I posted on Facebook that it was on the market I had friends make comments like “wow I feel like I also grew up in that house” or “5710 will miss you in the neighborhood!” But, I can say that I was SO SO lucky to come home to the same house and same bedroom every Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Summer breaks and then holidays when I was in college and then after I moved to Atlanta. But, while it is sad that there will never be another Thanksgiving or Christmas in that house it is an exciting new chapter for my mom and dad to be moving into their retirement house and to have their 2 kids (and grandbaby) so close by.  So – if you know of anyone in Northern VA on the market for a house to create their own memories in – let me know!

{two}

babyinvite

please stop everything you’re doing right now and take a look at this baby shower invitation. it is for the shower my friends at work are throwing Kyle and me. And when I opened it, I literally said “stop it. where did you find this”.  McKenna is getting an Alabama themed baby shower – which is fitting since I refer to her as my little “Roll Tide Baby” and she will eventually be an Alabama alum. This is called starting them young!  I really am so lucky to have such a great group of girls at the office and to work for a company that is like my 2nd family.  But seriously. how cute is that baby shower invite?! This will have a perm place in her baby book!! =D

{three}

crateLook at what Kennesaw did this week!!  Normally she just pops open the door and lets herself out.  This week I believe she was making a statement. Not quite sure what the statement is, but I think she may be tired of being crated every single day so she just shoved the whole front part of her crate up and messed up all her bedding.   Demon.  She is a demon.  This weekend we are purchasing zip ties to tie the walls of the crate together so this does not happen again and then bungee cords to keep the door closed hopefully.  She does not do this everyday, but when she does it is just funny to see.  Kyle is more annoyed than I am, but I think she is just a nut job of a dog. Does anyone else have a Houdini dog?!  If so….. what did you do to keep you dog in their crate each day versus breaking out of their crate. 

{four}

beddingMcKenna got her first baby gift this past weekend and we love it!!  my aunt – her great aunt – gifted her with crib sheets and the crib skirt for her nursery and when I say the picture does not do the cuteness justice, the cuteness is just too cute.  The little pink and gray bunnies are just too cute. And I got an email today from Koo Koo Bear Kids about a St. Patricks Day Sale – so we are going to go buy the crib and dresser this weekend at a whoping 50% off1! We will end up saving so much money and have a really high quality crib so we are stoked.  Me more than Kyle.  And…. it is supposed to be a rainy weekend which means I can put K to work painting the nursery!

{five}

cookiesif you’re ever looking for a unique Thank You gift to send someone and don’t want to sent the normal flowers or something like that you need to think about “The Cravery” – which is a cookie boutique that is amazing and makes me drool thinking about them.  Kyle’s mom sent me a dozen cookies {as a pregnancy snack} and let me tell you, Kyle and I were fighting over the Birthday Cake ones.  They are kinda pricey – but no more than flowers – and they taste so good.  We got Red Velvet {delicious}, Birthday Cake {I died they were so good} and a chocolate truffle {good, but too rich}.  Words cannot express how good they actually are but I feel like just thinking about them can give me gestational diabetes, but that does not mean I would turn away from them in the future.  Seriously, give them to a friend, family member, client, whatever.  You will get major kudos.

I hope everyone has a really good weekend!! We have pretty much nothing but lots of house stuff on the calendar – cleaning, painting, yard work, etc… and another trip to the vet’s office …. kennesaw went last week and was told she is a good dog – they don’t know about her crate habit. Mulligan goes tomorrow. And I want to hit Zumba in the morning since I have not been in awhile and need to be a little more active than I have been.

2 comments:

  1. That is the cutest shower invitation ever! Roll Tide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. even as a Auburn fan, I thought your invitation was adorable!! glad things are coming along in the nursery! and my mouth is watering for those cookies...damn lent.

    ReplyDelete