Saturday, February 1, 2014

Snow “Storm” + Baby Update

 

Atlanta had quite the week if I do say so myself.

If you live in a cave – Google: Atlanta snow 2014 – and you will learn about our complete and total shut down of our roads and world. Needless to say, Kyle and I are alive and safe and warm and we did not have to deal with insanely long commutes home from work. We both got to deal with fishtailing a bit and morons who thought because they drove a big truck or SUV that they were invincible. But thank freaking goodness we both just had 2 hours of driving home at very slow speeds.  I could not image just sitting in one spot/barely moving for countless hours.  so I am grateful for my amazing coworkers who basically said “get you and your bump out of here now”. obviously no one thought that we would have had the situation that we did.  it was really just unbelievable that people were in their cars for 10+ hours trying to get home and kids were stranded at schools and people had to sleep at their offices.

I worked from home both Wednesday and Thursday and let me tell you – I could never do that full time.  These dogs of mine are cute, but insanely annoying with their barking out the front window at people walking by and kids playing in the streets.

snowday2014

Mulligan loves the snow and I think he would just stay out there until it melts if we would let him and Kennesaw, she likes it, thinks it is neat, but she is a smart girl and would much rather be in the heated house. I am pretty sure this is her first snow experience and I am not sure she is as sold on it as her brother is.  But it has been fun and cute to watch them just chase each other and play with  each other and wrestle in the snow. 

 

…baby update…

well. I knew that some people in my life would be interested in my growing {or lack there of} belly so here you go!  A week by week shot of the infamous bump for week 15, 16, and 17. I feel like it looks like the belly is just getting taller and spreading up vs. popping out.  but oh well – I will not complain about my itty bitty bump – I know some girls would kill to be in my shoes.  And I feel like in the future I need to do a better job of getting myself together before taking photos of myself – I promise, I don’t always look like a hot mess.

weeks

But, there really is not a lot going on in the world of the baby.  I am currently 17 weeks. Which means by baby is the size of a pomegranate and about 5” long. Still no sign of movement {that I know of because evidently it isn’t kicks it is “flutters” or something} and with the exception of my tension headaches {which are stress driven} and what feels like constant bloody nose I still feel good.  I have had zero cravings, but I will never turn down some Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets.  But all is good.  Just antsy to start the nursery and all that jazz.

Last doctors appointment we got a thumbs up – everything is looking good. Steady heart rate of 143 bpm {evidently that is “girl” range}. I evidently have gained pretty much no weight {a whopping 3 pounds} but all seems to be good!  We started a 529 for the kid through USAA. it is in Kyle’s name currently but will be swapped come July. Nothing like starting the college fund investment early on.  And best part – people and can donate to it. We find out the baby’s gender on February 19th – 18 LONG, PAINFUL DAYS!  And we are SO excited to find out. We LOVE both of the baby names we have decided on and have gotten a million and one compliments on the chosen names… now I just want to know if we are having a little blue C or a little pink M. 

but all in all – everything in life is good.  we survived the snow “storm” that really wasn’t a storm, just an epic fail on Atlanta’s part in regards to taking the weather predictions seriously and the dogs are good and the bambino is good too.  we bought a jogging stroller and this a behemoth of a stroller – but we {more me than kyle} are excited about our 1st baby purchse.  kyle is currently at poker night with the boys, so I just ate a whole pizza in under 12 minutes, am signing up for birthing classes, and watching lifetime. living on the edge this saturday night. so. life is good!

3 comments:

  1. Atlanta was INSANE! I worked from home wed/thurs too and thought the same - I was so stir crazy!

    Your bump is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to find out what you are having! So exciting - thinking of y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hated that storm and dreading this one!!! can't wait to hear what name you decided on and follow along :)

    ReplyDelete