Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Bath time For the Grandparents!

the dogs in our house we getting gross and stinky.  As I worked from home on Wednesday I thought to myself “my coworker smells like a bag of Doritos” and no, I was not referring to a 5 year old – I was talking about Mulligan.

Well – Sunday was a miserable morning for the two fluffy kids in our house.  Kens and Mulls got baths.  We thought it was needed since the grandparents were coming in town on Wednesday and {don’t judge us} but I am pretty sure their last bath was in September and was done by the doggy day care center.  {we will bathe our real human kid better, I promise}puppy bath

Needless to say – we didn’t have 2 happy dogs with us.  Mulligan put on the dramatic, pouty face the whole time and Kennesaw just attempted to shake the water off each time Kyle dumped water on her.  But… they now smell like shampoo vs. a vacuum cleaner {and you all know that a vacuum has a distinct smell to it once it has been running} and they are super soft.

Kyle had to wash them alone because I normally sit in the bath and hold the dog down {true story} but with me being all knocked up and things that was just too dangerous.  So, I played “catcher” and got them as they were done and attempted to dry them off as best as I could.  Mulligan is easier to dry off…. but Kennesaw just may be part dog, part sponge and I think hours later she is still drying off.

…..and they didn’t even run their wet puppy bodies into the guest bedroom on the freshly made bed!  They must really love their grandparents because they always put their wet bodies in our bed to dry off.

No comments:

Post a Comment