Sunday, February 16, 2014

Bump Watch + Valentines Day Weekend

 

well. lets start with what everyone who reads this blog cares about.  MY BUMP and our baby!  This week is the  exciting week – we find out on Wednesday if Baby Shanahan is Baby Girl Shanahan or Baby Boy Shanahan!  Tiaras and Tutus or Football Helmets and Mud!  We are more excited than we can put in words.  Mainly because we (1) also learn how healthy the baby is and confirm that everything has developed well and (2) we can start doing things like registering and planning the nursery!

Now… lets check out the “bump” – I am officially 19 weeks.  Our baby is the size of a zucchini.

1819weeks

I feel like 90% of the time, I do not look pregnant, just like I had too many burritos and need to his the treadmill.  But – when I wear a dress {19 week picture} it is more baby bump-ish.  and I know I shouldn’t be complaining at 19 weeks for barely looking pregnant. I could be miserable and uncomfortable.  But I am ready to get out of the “did she have a big lunch or is she pregnant” phase!  I have been able to feel him/her fluttering around and I cannot wait for kyle to be able to feel it – but for now, it is just me.  he/she seems to move the most at night – let’s hope that is just temporary!

in other news:

I spent the week in San Antonio for work and Kyle got to survive the snow and ice storm in atlanta.  Thankfully he was off work all week, we never lost power, and he was safe at home with the puppies!  there was brief moment when we all worried that I would be stranded in San Antonio for the weekend, but for once I followed the “play it by ear” instructions {as a planner, I HATE that phrase} and actually got home on my planned flight!

We had a very low key Valentine’s Day… cheese and crackers with sparkling grape fruit juice by candle light while watching White Collar.  Then on Saturday we did brunch + a VERY nice dinner at Vinny’s on Windward {I took the 19 week picture before dinner}.  Kyle and I may have had WAY too much food – but it was just too good to not eat.

Then today we went to the Greenway and did 3 miles – I walked, Kyle ran/walked and did more than 3 miles since he would run ahead and then run back to me and then walk with me.  it was a gorgeous day for a trip to the Greenway – even if I didn’t want to go.  Then I baked LOTS of muffins for the week and hope they won’t be all gone tomorrow since K has the day off work.

it is gonna be a LONG week.  I have about a 80 mile round trip commute all week.  I am spending time at a major account doing an audit, looking for best practices, and areas of improvement.  On the positive note: since I will be in the city I plan on hitting Flywheel one night to break up the commute and get  some cardio in!

WELL. COME BACK LATER THIS WEEK TO LEARN IF WE ARE HAVING A BOY OR A GIRL!! AND HAVE A GOOD WEEK! IF YOU’RE IN ATLANTA – ENJOY THE AMAZING WEATHER WE ARE ABOUT TO HAVE!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment