Sunday, May 19, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up Shanahan Style

it was the 1st weekend in awhile that we had things on the calendar and things to do. it was odd to not lounge around and be a lazy bone all weekend, but at the same time it was good to get off the couch.

I ran my 1st 5k since who knows when. And most importantly, I did not die. Not my best time in my running career – but I didn’t expect a PR or anything earth shattering. :)  But it makes me want to do another 5k STAT to make up for my less than stellar performance ... i had forgotten just how hilly that race is/was – and how many kids run it, but it was fun to get back out there running & racing. but, i ran into my friend’s husband before the race and then the whole cute little family after the race was done. anyone needs good running songs holla at me – I can recommend some songs that will make you MOVE ...

Saturday night we had Kyle’s company picnic at the Gwinnett Braves game and we stayed basically only for the cookout and then headed back home.  It looked like it was going to POUR and we didn’t really want to at a rainy baseball game – maybe if it was the real braves and if we knew more people.... but not the fake braves. :)  And I got my fix of hot dogs and that is all that matters. {I meant to get pictures of the game and us, but yeah.... forgot about that}

We then went home and just curled up and watched a movie. I was EXHAUSTED from having to get up at 6:00 AM for the race – then running – and then running errands

it was nice to do things for a change, but i am not going to lie – i like being on the couch watching lifetime right now {or maybe that is because of the nasty weather outside}


No comments:

Post a Comment