Friday, June 25, 2010

i want a treadmill - but not really.

i decided i totally want a treadmill for my apartment. i am not actually going to get one because (a) i want a new car and that $1,000 would be better suited in a saving account for when i choose to purchase an automobile that isn't ghetto and does not have a tail light that falls every summer. (b) because i live on the 2nd floor of an apartment complex & i am pretty sure the people below me would get us evicted from the constant pounding. (c) i live in an apartment... where in hells bells would i put it. (d) i have a menacing dog who won't even let me do sit ups without biting at my toes and kyle cannot do push ups without being hopped on. do i really think he will let me run 4 miles in peace?! and (e) it's a great idea in theory, but i am sure i would use it just as often as i use my balance ball, which is just about never. sure, i would use it in the summer and on rainy days and bitterly cold winter days, but really, how much would I really use it.

but how nice would it be to be able to just run while watching hours of trashy reality television like the real housewives of (enter city name here) or chelsea lately. i would run every time i want to punch kyle square in the teeth too. but let's be realistic, i am 26 and i cannot afford a piece or machinery to run on so i will continue paying LA Fitness $29.99 to get my run on in this hot summer heat.

that was my random thought that i thought of while walking my dog last night.

3 comments:

  1. I had a treadmill for about a year or so. I found that I always wanted to run inside...didn't have to deal with heat, traffic, etc. In the end, I sold the treadmill, because the constant repetitive motion was not good for my legs. I stayed sore all the time! It sure was convenient though!!! Also...thanks SO much for the Ironman socks! I received them in the mail yesterday, and plan on running in them this weekend! Thanks Again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an extrovert. I think maybe I like the gym because I'm surrounded by others working out rather than going on a run by myself outside. If I had my own treadmill it would be convenient, but possibly more boring and lonely?

    I think I'd still want a gym membership and only use the tready if I had limited time, which is a pretty ridiculous reason to buy one. Though if I were a billionaire I'd get one. For sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you think that $1,000 is all it's going to cost - just wait until it breaks....

    ReplyDelete