Thursday, June 3, 2010

what’s on the agenda?

i am getting really excited for Jess and her first marathon this weekend in San Diego. She is running with Team in Training and she has had an awesome support group surrounding her and I have thoroughly enjoyed hearing about people pushing her to her limits and encouraging her to just keep going. i really have enjoyed following her training (even though I tuned in half way through) and reading about her highs and lows, ups and downs, triumphs and defeats. Jess is real and she isn't ashamed to let the world know that she had a bad run or had the best run of her life. She is relatable and down to earth. Currently, she is having her normal pre-marathon doubts and starting to question her abilities, but I know she is going to rock it and I am excited to hear how she does and find out how hooked she is. Scoot over to her blog as wish her good luck!

her up in coming race (and all the other people headed to San Diego tomorrow) got me thinking about what is next for me and my 2 legs. i decided a month or so ago that i didn’t want to run any more 5ks or 10ks here in atlanta unless they were a known challenge and would be a butt kicker and beneficial to my training. so other then training runs i have thrown a few extra races to my schedule, but with good reason.

…so here is what i am thinking…

7.4.10 – the infamous peachtree road race – it’s a 10k that i have wanted to do so i am. plus i heard there is a killer hill up peachtree and hills are good. hills make you stronger. hills make you faster. peachtree roadrace, you meet my expectations and i hope you're not a let down, but i feel like you're big climbing hill up Peachtree will be worth it.

6.4.10 – US 10k – holy hills is all I have to say. Cobb Parkway is going to kick my butt – 6.2 miles of rolling hills (big hills) will be super beneficial.

6.11.10 – atlanta track club 10 miler in stone mountain. stone mountain = hilly and as mentioned, hills are awesome because they make you stronger, faster, blah blah blah. PLUS a 10 miler is just what I need to training so this too meets my training races for marine corps.

10.25.10 – women’s half marathon nashville – 13.1 miles of heat and She hills can only make me stronger and i am excited for it.

i am also thinking about doing 13.1 Atlanta the week after Nashville -- not as like a race to push the limits and try to PR but as a training run and to get in the miles, but I am thinking that may be too much too close to Marine Corps and rather than sticking with the mid point miles I may need to focus on a long long run. who knows!

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, who ISN"T running RnR SD? Me as well as everyone else it seems are here in SD!!

    Love the race list. The peachtree RR is on my bucket list of races to do. Of course, I didn't do it WHILE I WORKED IN ATL for over a year. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks so much!! I really appreciate the very kind shout out and I always appreciate your encouragement, motivation, and advice. :)
    Maybe we will see each other on the fourth!!!

    ReplyDelete