Saturday, November 10, 2012

House Hunting Begins {for now}.

Honestly, I am still not 100% sure we should be house hunting. But. We went and looked at houses away. And house hunting is stressful. I think it is going to be like wedding planning. Something I hate. There is seriously nothing fun about this process {especially since all of Atlanta is home shopping and wants a deal. rawr}

And I feel like it is going to be like buying a wedding dress – you have that ah ha, this is the one moment and i just have not felt that. boo.

house1

This house is honest to goodness gorgeous. Still our #1 but we were not able to see it. It has an offer on it, but it is contingent/kick out so I have made our real estate agent dig and find more dirt on it because i want to see it. seriously.

house2

Another house on the list we didn’t get to see but it is our #2 – I have our real estate agent stalking the listing agent so we can see it.

house3

This house it utterly gorgeous, everything about it. The kitchen. The layout. Everything. The only downfall is the backyard, it isn’t as big as we would like. Not just for our dogs but for future kids. And this isn’t a deal breaker, but the driveway is REALLY steep. This one is not no, but not a oh my gosh must have.

house4

This house has been a favorite of mine for months. After seeing it, I think it is a no. The backyard situation is just too small and we would have to let the dogs out through the basement every time they wanted to go out. The basement? it isn’t even finished so we can’t hang out down there to make it easier. blah. And, the owners of the house have let their kid draw all over the walls. But the kitchen and layout was AMAZING!

house6

Kyle loved this one – me not so much – I loved the backyard and the kitchen and the bedroom size, but there was just so much that needed to be done to it. Paint, wallpaper removal, repainting cabinets. And then our real estate agent basically said it would be A LOT of money since she spotted wood rot and all the jazz. So, this is a no. We don’t want to be shelling out money form day 1.

house9 

There was just so much that I did not like about this house – there were janky old yellowed looking security systems on the walls and tattered surround sounds speakers. The backyard situation is a big question mark. but... the kitchen was nice and the size of the size of the master bedroom was good. i just didn’t see thing place as home.

I feel like we were bamboozled. I feel meh and not optimistic about this. There really is not a lot of inventory out there. The good stuff goes in like 2 days and REALLY who has the time to drop everything and who can drop everything to go see a house that lists on a Tuesday afternoon at 1:08 PM?? Because I will email a house to our agent and then they literally FLY of the market.  Granted, I don’t think our agent is asking all the questions (since our #1 house we were told had a “solid offer on it” and then I learned it was “contingent with a kickback clause). I feel like when I see a house I like I am going to have to immediately email her and ask her to get back to me and schedule it. It is exhausting to find houses, get excited about them, and then find out they’re gone – especially when they’re gone SO fast. 

Oh well... we’re supposed to go back out again this weekend, but as of right now, I cannot find anything that I like that is within our price range, location range, and something i would want to live in for the long haul.  We like our real estate agent – she seems to be really good with first time homebuyers and really knowledgeable. Granted, I didn’t love that she didn’t start planning our visits until 9:00 PM last night. But... I think she is good – has our best interest in mind – and is honest ... which all matters

I am willing to bet $10.00 that we don’t find a house and that is kind of depressing since our rent is about to go up and the interest rates are so good right now and going up.

yeah. sorry. this was a venting post.

4 comments:

  1. The good news is the interest rates should remain low through 2014 (since the fed is keeping them low through then) so you have a little time... And it's GREAT that you're not in a super crunch to find a house right this second. It gives you options! Hold out for the right house and you'll def know when you find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting a family usually entails a lot of preparations. And to think you’re only starting! Anyway, I know you’ll make it. It’s a good thing you decided to take this step with an agent. This can get overwhelming, especially for first timers. It’s totally clear what kind of house you guys want, by the way. Good luck! :D

    -->Drew Andrews

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it came to house hunting, I was so lucky to have my husband already buy a house for the two of us before the wedding. It’s nice that I loved the house the first time I laid my eyes on it. We’re working on a lot of decorations as of this time, and it’s not as stressful as house hunting. I hope you can find a house that you really want and a place where you can treasure the moments that you’ll be sharing.

    ~~ Sarah Owens

    ReplyDelete
  4. House hunting and wedding planning – both exciting and stressful in their own way! But it’s not something you do every day, so just try your hardest to enjoy it. And starting a family may seem like a beginning of more domestic distress, but you’ll probably love it. =) Calvin @ CityBlockTeam.com

    ReplyDelete