Friday, January 3, 2014

:: Five Things Friday ::

I have not done one of these in what feels like FOREVER but I have 1 thing I want to share with the world and then I need to scrounge up 4 other things.  the 1 things want not enough to write a full post, but big enough to share with the world.

so… without further ado.

#1: My husband got a promotion and a killer raise this week!! YEAH!! You have no idea how excited I am for him and how proud I am of him.  He has worked his butt off and has wanted this position for over a year now. So, my husband is now an official Staff Accountant!  ….and the raise doesn’t hurt either! =)  Big smiles in the Shanahan house this week!!!

#2: We had such a slow key New Year Eve.  Watched The Great Gatsby while drinking milk and eating taquitos. Watched the Texas A&M / Duke Game {what an embarrassment for the SEC}.  Played some Candy Crush.  And barely made it till midnight to watch the ball drop.  Living on the edge kids.  Keep your jealousy in check.  I can teach you my ways later!

#3: Another Alabama football season has come to an end.  And it was a sad, embarrassing, depressing end to the season.  But… if going 11-2 is a bad season and only losing 6 games in 5 years is bad, then I don’t know up from down.  And now, Bring on September.  And for the record,  No.  No.  I will not be cheering for Auburn in the National Championship.  I don’t want to “keep it in the state” … I dislike Auburn and the “Gus Bus” and Gus’s sweater vest and his double bubble gum and the fact that he laughed {yes a coach laughed} at a hurt Alabama player during the Iron Bowl.  So.  Go ACC – Go FSU – Roll Tribe Roll!

#4: This weekend is going to be spent taking Christmas down.  We gotta get our house back to normal and the ornaments and stocking put away.  Is it just me or was the holiday season just a rush and a blur this year!? I feel like once it started it was over and that I just put our tree up.  Maybe it is because I spent all of December on the road or maybe it is because I am getting older and life just moves faster when you are older.

#5: I don’t really have any goals for 2014.  Just to make it to 2015 in one piece.  I would like to read more.  and work out more.  and be less stressed. get the house a little more finished.  grow in my career.  keep my marriage strong.  find a church.  go on more dog walks. spend weekends doing things. guess I have some goals but nothing definitive. hello 2014!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!! I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A FABULOUS HOLIDAY SEASON AND YOUR 2014 IS AMAZING!! =)

1 comment:

  1. Yay to promotions and raises, boo to Christmas going away. Yes, it really did pass in a blur this year, and it made me sad.

    ReplyDelete