Thursday, April 23, 2015

|| 41 || .take time to do what makes your soul happy.

… I am jumping ahead – again – forgive me … but the gratitude challenge that was right after ‘family’ is a little too similar so I am going to spread it out!

As a full time working semi-new mom to an adorable little love bug I do not have a lot of time to myself.  In fact, Kyle used to tell me that I need to find a hobby since I think I was driving him a little crazy at times.

My hobbies currently include, but are not limited to:
1) running {alone or with the family}
2) FlyWheel {normally at 6:00 AM}
3) Pure Barre {normally at lunch}

…trend? Yeah. Working out. but I am insanely grateful for those activities/hobbies because they force me to take me time. Time for me to release a lot of stress. Time for me to think about what in the world I am doing with my life. I sometimes have epiphanies on the spin bike. I sometimes just blank out and think about nothing while at Pure Barre. I sometimes just need a good 45 minute run to “Rage the Night Away” to keep from breaking.

And sometimes the hobby includes my husband and little girl – but there really is nothing better than a family run on the Greenway on the weekends or a family 5K or 10K on a Saturday morning. I love celebrating with Kyle when his 5K finish time is faster than his last.  After years of running alone and racing alone I love having someone by my side and I am thankful that Kyle is healthy with me so we can set that example for little M.

Working out has not only become my hobby but it has also become my sanity.  I have found something that is good for me to lose myself in when I am questioning everything or beating myself up over work or just had a bad week or day.  Pounding the pavement or leaving it all on the bike really does clear my mind – even if it is just a temporary thing.

I am forever grateful for a good run. or a good pure barre class. or a good morning on the spin bike. the harder the workout the better. the harder the workout the more stress is lost. the harder the workout the more I think and get rid of the petty stupid things. and the best thing about those 3 hobbies of mine, no matter how long I am gone all 3 welcome me back with open arms [ and a swift kick in the butt ] and for that I am even more grateful.

always find time for the things that make you feel happy to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment