Saturday, April 16, 2011

Meet the bride & groom


When Kyle and I got engaged I went into full wedding obsessed mode.  I bought every wedding magazine out, when I went to the bookstore I always ended up in the wedding section, started watching the Wedding Channel, ordered swatches for Bridesmaid dresses, stalked potential wedding venues, fell in love with things, fell out of love with things -- I went CRAZY.  Well, one night Kyle and I went for Mexican and after dinner we ended up at Barnes and Noble.  He went to look at books and I went to the wedding section.   I stumbled across these "quiz books" called "Do you know your Bride" and "Do you know your groom" and we went home to play a little game we called "how well do we know each other"
The book asks you 100 questions about the person you're about to marry.  And well... I wanted to share some fun facts about us that we learned about each other (or rediscovered and it took these books a moment to trigger the memory).

Barbie.
1. I think hanging around all day in PJs, not once going out is perfectly fine any time.
2. I eat my ice cream in a cup over a cone.
3. I think a guy with thinning hair should do something.... quick
4. I have never been to a movie alone
5. If I was looking to get a dog, I would prefer one from the pound


Kyle.
1. The junk food he cannot keep away from is: twizzlers and skittles
2. The last time Kyle was in the hospital he was a patient, because his roommate stapled his head with a stapler.
3. When Kyle was a kid he wanted to be the fry guy at McDonalds.  Not the manager. The fry guy.
4. He does not know my mother's maiden name.
5. In the past year, the thought of getting a tattoo has not crossed his mind.

....And most importantly.  How did we do?  Kyle got 25 wrong and I got 36 wrong.  We had planned to save these books for our 1 year wedding anniversary to take the quiz to see how much better (or worse) we know each other! ...But on Amazon today I found the "wife" and "husband" version -- and well, I will be buying those.

If you're engaged.... or heading to a bridal shower, I for sure recommend these books.  They bring good laughs, fun conversations, more memories... and you just may learn new facts about your significant other!

No comments:

Post a Comment