Sunday, May 20, 2012

Super Quick Trip Home

Kyle and I just got back from a super short trip home to VA for his little sister’s college graduation.  We originally were trying to figure out how to get home – fly, drive, just send a really nice gift and say sorry we couldn’t make it since we’re both low on PTO.  But we decided it was something we needed to do,  cashed in our free stay at the Hampton Inn, and trucked home.

The trip started off the normal way – take the dogs to daycare, they act like the crazy dogs that they are and then I head to work and we work a full day.  Per the usual, we drove in rain – heavy heavy rain and by the time we got to the hotel it was late and we were zonked.

As normal – I had the “honor” of reading a book to Kyle and I chose “Bad Dog (A Lbaddogove Story)” by Martin Khin simply because it was about a dog, had a cute dog on the cover and was likened to “Marley and Me”.   But seriously, if you’re a dog lover this is a quick, must read easy book.  Kyle and I really enjoyed it and we laughed a lot.  We mainly laughed because the dog in this book reminded us a lot of our dogs and we painfully laughed because we then realized that we are legit bad dog owners.  But the book was seriously good and (I know I said this) but I do highly recommend it. And Kyle and I decided we’re going to pull back out our dog training guides and work on making our dogs not so crazy.

So.  On the topic of crazy dogs. Kyle and I were at Katie’s graduation or her graduation dinner and got a call from Doguroo.  We were notified that “Mulligan shredded Kennesaw’s bed”.  So, I of course call back and ask them to define shredded because I am thinking he spotted a hole and went to town.  But no. He shredded the bed. The bed went into the trash.  Kennesaw’s first ever bed, her home and the thing that makes her “safe” was destroyed by Mulligan the menace.  Oi.  And then the next day Kennesaw got sick.  Needless to say, the pretty pretty princess had a hard few days when we were gone.  Kyle and I (of course) stalked our dogs on the Doguroo Web Cams on my iPhone and his iPad every chance we got.  And we made sure to find their daily pictures.  Like the book – I highly recommend Doguroo if you’re looking for a daycare/boarding place in Atlanta.  They really are simply the best and we know our bebes are in the best of hands when we are gone.

It was good to see everyone and celebrate with Kyle’s sister and family.  It is crazy to think that Katie is now a college graduate.  I think she was just graduating high school when Kyle and I first started dating and she was entering college when we were moving to Atlanta.  Of course, I don’t have any pictures because I still do not have a digital camera, but oh well.

We ate lunch at THE Logan’s Roadhouse where Kyle and I met – hoping to see people that we worked with since we knew they would have thought it was unreal that we got married… but no one was working the lunch shift, just the night shift so we learned that we have to do DINNER there which we know will never ever happen with our busy dinner schedule when we go home. We tried to have lunch one day at Kyle’s most favorite place ever “Chicken Out” … but it was gone!  Kyle of course was devastated but I was more shocked at how much that shopping center had changed.  No more Chicken Out, no more Bagel Bakery – all sorts of changes.  AND we have decided that Virginia Department of Transportation fell into some money because all the roads are under major construction.  I looked up at one point when on the Parkway and had to ask where we were.  Major changes to our home area.  Cray.

It was a really quick trip home – a good break from reality, but I am glad to be back home with my pups and comfy bed.  Next trip home: my first thanksgiving with Kyle’s family.

No comments:

Post a Comment